Saturday, March 24, 2012

Casual Brunch with Friends


Last weekend my husband and I had some friends over for brunch and a playdate. It was 4 adults, 1 toddler (ours), and 1 baby (theirs). I knew that with all the interruptions and fun distractions of hanging out with friends and little ones, a simple approach was best. I needed something that I could prepare ahead or cook quickly, would appeal to adults and very small children, was gluten-free for me, and dairy-free for my guests.

Here's what I opted for:
  • A delightful mix of ripe fresh strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries
  • Scrambled eggs made with soy milk
  • Udi's gluten-free muffins
  • Traditional wheat muffins for my guests (served on a separate platter)
  • Crispy center cut bacon
  • Sparkling Orange Lemonade
  • Coffee & Tea
Half the fun of brunch is setting a pretty table. There's something about the combination of simplicity and whimsy, with the smell of coffee in the air on a weekend morning that just feels good.

Because preparation was minimal, we were able to spend time socializing with our friends and playing with our children. It turned out to be a wonderful way to spend the morning. Thank goodness for weekends (and brunch)!

No comments:

Post a Comment