Thursday, July 5, 2012

Product Review - Bob's Red Mill GF Brownie Mix


Bob's Red Mill GF Brownies with Walnuts (just before being baked in the oven)

The other day I took a look at my pantry and spotted one bag of Bob's' Red Mill GF Brownie Mix.  Mmmmmmm, brownies, was pretty much my only train of thought.  One thing led to another, an egg was cracked, some butter melted, a little vanilla was added - you get the idea.  At the last minute my son and I decided to add walnuts but could just have easily tossed in chocolate chips or sprinkles or nothing at all.

My son sprinkles some walnuts on top of the brownies just prior to baking.
All done!  I wish this picture could capture the delicious smell that filled my kitchen.

The result was a moist, chocolatey, cake-like brownie.  I was REALLY impressed.  I like a lot of different kinds of brownies.  If you like a flaky brownie, this won't be for you.  But if you appreciate a cake-like brownie that's rich and creamy, then you you won't be disappointed.  It even had a little fudge-like quality in places.  Did I mention it was hard to stop eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment