Monday, August 5, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Shakes (Dairy-free, Gluten-free)



I was lucky enough to go strawberry picking two times this summer with my 4 year old, which resulted in a huge amount of strawberries in my fridge. I mulled over what to do with them, other than eat them all up right then and there. Admittedly, this is a great problem to have.  My son and I decided to make strawberry shakes and strawberry bread (I'll post this recipe soon!), and, boy, am I am happy we did :)

The shakes are a simple, refreshing, perfect summer treat.  The recipe is easy enough to make with your kids.  Trust me, it won't disappoint!

Fresh strawberries!
Ingredients

1/2 pound sliced strawberries
1 pint dairy-free vanilla ice cream (I prefer the creaminess of soy, but rice, almond, or coconut ice cream would also work)
1/4 cup soy milk (can substitute with rice or almond milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend in batches and serve!

Our local strawberry patch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment