Thursday, August 16, 2012

Homemade G-Free Turkey Burgers


Every time I make a burger it has its own personality and flair.  Sort of like a meat loaf or a casserole.  No two are quite ever the same.  The other night, I opted to add some relish into the fold for some extra zest and crunch.  I paired it with some delicious, fresh cut french fries seasoned with rosemary, salt, and pepper.  These turkey burgers were so good my family gobbled them right up!

Ingredients (Makes 4 Turkey Burgers)
1 lb ground lean turkey
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (it's gluten-free!)
2-3 tablespoons of organic sweet pickle relish
About 1/3 cup of gluten-free corn flakes (I used Southern Homestyle's Corn Flake Crumbs)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Emeril's All Natural Chicken Rub
Salt & pepper to taste
Gluten-free buns (I like Schar Dinner Rolls or Udi's Hamburger Buns)
Cheese (Since I'm intolerant to the proteins in cow's milk, I opted for white goat's cheese while my husband and son had sharp cheddar You might opt for soy cheese, buffalo mozzarella, or skip the cheese entirely).

Directions
  • Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
  • Add all ingredients except for cheese and mix well.
  • Mold into balls and then flatten into burgers.  Note: Burgers always shrink and fatten up during cooking so if you like a big burger, make it extra big when raw.
  • Grill or fry on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through and nicely browned.  I cooked mine in my stove-top grill pan this time - a nice stand-in for the big BBQ.
  • Top with cheese if desired.  Turn off stove and place lid over BBQ or pan to melt cheese for about one minute.  
  • Serve with the condiments of your choice on a gluten-free bun with a side of french fries.
  • Pair with a nice gluten-free beer from New Planet and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment